There are a few steps on how to get help. Support is only offered for the most recent version of qZDL ONLY.
Please make note of the following:
- The ZDL version information (Go to ZDL->About, and take note of the 'source', build, build #, and build job)
- Location of the user configuration file
- Contents of the user configuration file
- If not using the global user configuration file, INCLUDE IT ANYWAYS, and include the zdl.ini you're trying to use
- Location of the ZDL executable
Generating Diagnostic Information
In the same folder as qZDL, create a new file called "diagnostic.bat" and add the following:
If the executable is qzdl.exe:
If the executable is zdl.exe:
Run the bat file and reproduce the issue. Include the result zdl.log file.
There are multiple ways of getting help:
- via IRC (irc.esper.net, #zdl, please use a pastebin for the above information)
- via the ZDoom Forums (PM QBasicer)
- via email (qbasicer+zdl /AT/ gmail /DOT/ com)